Meghan and Harry latest – Queen reigns supreme as the most lovable royal as Duke & Duchess’ popularity plummets

The Queen’s popularity has soared during the coronavirus lockdown, but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s public opinion has plummeted, a new poll revealed. 

Brits were polled across January, March and October by the YouGov Royal favourability tracker, and found the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are falling out of favour. 

When asked if they had a positive opinion of the Queen, 83 per cent of people said they did, which has increased from 79 per cent in March. 

Meanwhile, public opinion on Meghan and Harry has slipped since they announced they were stepping back as senior royals earlier this year and moving across the pond. 

Harry had a 71 per cent positive rating in October 2019, but this fell to 55 per cent after his bombshell announcement, with Meghan’s also falling from 55 per cent to 38 per cent. 

The bombshell came as it was revealed Meghan won her bid to delay her privacy court battle for almost a year over a "confidential" matter – despite her dad warning "I could die tomorrow".

Follow all the latest news on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry below…

  • Lottie Tiplady-Bishop

    JOHN LYNDON: ‘MEG SEEMS LIKE A NARCISSIST’

    John Lyndon has slammed Meghan Markle as a “narcissist.”

    In his new book he writes Meghan “seems like a narcissist,” adding it is a “shame about Harry” and the way he went in life.

  • Lottie Tiplady-Bishop

    SEX PISTOLS’ JOHN LYDON SLAMS SUSSEXES

    Sex Pistol’s frontman John Lydon has slammed “narcisissitc” Meghan Markle.

    In his new book, obtained by MailOnline, he writes: “If they don’t want to be part of that [royal] institution, then why don’t they completely give up their titles and get a council flat and a job?”

    He adds: “Making guest appearances on trashy TV shows and expounding their virtuous opinions — there’s nothing virtuous in it at all.

    “They've decided not to do something, so why don’t they move on and leave it alone?”

  • Rebecca Flood

    THOMAS MARKLE VOWS TO 'TELL THE TRUTH' ABOUT MEGHAN MARKLE

    Thomas Markle has vowed to "tell the truth" about Meghan Markle in court and is “anxious” to have his day to defend himself, it was revealed today.

    The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, for releasing a letter she wrote to her estranged dad.

    The former actress today won her bid to delay the January trial – with it now expected to be held in autumn next year.

    But in a statement, her 76-year-old Thomas said he wanted to get the trial done “as quickly as possible” due to his ailing health – and was planning to travel to London for the High Court showdown.

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN MARKLE & PRINCE HARRY'S POPULARITY PLUMMETS

    The Queen's popularity has soared during the coronavirus lockdown, but Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s public opinion has plummeted, a new poll revealed today. 

    Brits were polled across January, March and October by the YouGov Royal favourability tracker, and found the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are falling out of favour. 

    When asked if they had a positive opinion of the Queen, 83 per cent of people said they did, which has increased from 79 per cent in March. 

    Meanwhile, public opinion on Meghan and Harry has slipped since they announced they were stepping back as senior royals earlier this year and moving across the pond. 

    Harry had a 71 per cent positive rating in October 2019, but this fell to 55 per cent after his bombshell announcement, with Meghan’s also falling from 55 per cent to 38 per cent. 

  • Rebecca Flood

    HOW MEG’S FASHION CHOICES SHOWED SHE WANTED TO ‘BREAK FREE’

    A bird-print dress Meghan Markle once wore was a secret message signifying she wanted to break free from The Firm.

    The Duchess' show-stopping dress featured intricate laser-cut black birds which highlighted the evening's environmental cause – but celebrity stylist Lucas Armitage says it also showed how she wanted “break free” from royal constraints.

    He told Fabulous Digital: “The dress was absolutely stunning but could have revealed a few clues Meghan wasn’t happy with her place as a senior royal.

    “The illusion neck line give a strapless appearance which would traditionally be against royal protocol and, coupled with bare legs, gives this outfit an edge of rebellion.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN MARKLE RECEIVED COPY OF FINDING FREEDOM BEFORE IT WENT TO PRESS

    Meghan Markle was given a copy of Finding Freedom book BEFORE it was released – but still denies colluding with the authors.

    The Duchess of Sussex's legal team said the 39-year-old had been given a copy of the book “immediately before its serialisation”.

    In court documents submitted today, Meghan Markle's lawyers said: “The Claimant’s US publicist was only given a copy of the Book immediately before its serialisation, by which time it had already been printed.

    “It was therefore too late for the Claimant to ask for any changes to be made, so that the pleaded inference was false, and there was (accordingly) no invitation to suggest amendments to the text, nor any request for such amendments.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN CLAIMS SHE DIDN'T TEXT HER DAD BEFORE WEDDING AS HE DOESN'T OWN A PHONE

    Meghan Markle has claimed she never sent a text message to her dad before the Royal Wedding – because he doesn’t own mobile phone.

    The Duchess of Sussex is currently locked in a privacy battle with Associated Newspapers, the publishers of the Mail on Sunday, after a letter she wrote to her estranged father Thomas Markle was released.

    Her lawyers today were refused permission to appeal the decision to allow the biography to be used in the privacy case.

    Yet in a twist, legal documents submitted by the 39-year-old's lawyers suggest the Mail on Sunday's claims that “much of the information in the book could only have originated from Meghan and Harry” were “seriously flawed”.

    They claim references in the book to her texting her dad Thomas before the Royal Wedding weren't true because “he doesn't own a mobile phone”.

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN’S SNACKING HABITS REVEALED

    Meghan has spoken a fair bit about her diet in the past, and confirmed that one of her go-to healthy snacks is watermelon.

    In a past interview, she said: “On set and at home, I try to always have a container of watermelon sprinkled with cinnamon because it elevates the flavour just a notch, and makes it feel special.”

    The mum-of-one also prefers a healthy drink to gorging on takeaways.

    Speaking of her fast food choices, she told The Chalkboard in a past chat: “A green juice. That’s fast. And it’s food. It’s been many moons since I went through a drive thru.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    EUGENIE RUMOURED TO PICK MEGHAN'S HOSPITAL TO DELIVER BABY

    Meghan’s son Archie and Princess Eugenie’s baby could have something in common when the tot arrives next year.

    If Eugenie decides to give birth in the same hospital that she was born in back in 1990, then the new royal baby and Archie Harrison will immediately share a similar story.

    Meghan welcomed Archie, one, in London's The Portland Hospital back in May 2019.

    Meanwhile, Eugenie and her sister, Princess Beatrice, were also born in the American-owned hospital.

    In fact, when Sarah Ferguson gave birth to eldest daughter Beatrice in August 1988, it made her the first member of the royal family to give birth in a non-NHS hospital.

  • Rebecca Flood

    MEGHAN’S SUITS SALARY REVEALED

    Before she married into the Royal Family, Meghan Markle was best known for her role as Rachel Zane in Suits.

    The Duchess of Sussex starred in the hit US legal drama from 2011 until 2018 and recorded over 100 episodes.

    And according to the Mirror, the Duchess was paid £37,000 for every episode – which raked up to £333,000 a year.

    At the height of her Suits fame, Meghan also charged up to £15,000 for speeches and public appearances – according to royal biographer Andrew Morton.

    After Meghan's incredibly powerful UN speech in March 2015 (in which the Duchess said she was “proud to be a woman and a feminist”), the biographer claims that the “chat show” offers and public speaking engagements “started to come in thick and fast”… and she soon began charging £15,000 for every speaking engagement.

  • Rebecca Flood

    KATE MIDDLETON FELT SHE 'DIDN'T HAVE MUCH IN COMMON' WITH MEGHAN MARKLE

    They might have married into the same family – but Kate Middleton felt she “didn't have much in common” with her sister-in-law Meghan Markle, according to a bombshell biography.

    The book Finding Freedom – which has been serialised in The Times this weekend – claims Meghan and Kate never progressed beyond "distant politeness".

    In the biography, co-authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand claim: “Meghan would agree with the assessment that the duchesses were not the best of friends.

    “Their relationship hadn’t progressed much since she was Harry’s girlfriend.”

    However, sources close to the Cambridge's claimed last night that Kate invited Meghan to her family's home in Norfolk where she made the Suits actress a vegan meal.'

  • Rebecca Flood

    'ONLY WILLS AND THE QUEEN KNOW' WHERE HARRY AND MEGHAN WENT ON THEIR HONEYMOON

    Prince Harry and Meghan’s honeymoon location is one of the most tightly guarded secrets in recent royal history – with only William and the Queen knowing where they went.

    A close royal source has revealed that even the most senior Kensington Palace staff were not told where the lovebirds went after the tied the knot in May 2018.

    Rumours about where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex jetted off to flooded the internet and included plush locations in Canada, Africa and Ireland – but none are thought to be right.

    The source said: “No one knows where they went, only his brother and the Queen were told at first and a few immediate family members know now.

    “The most senior members of the royal household staff still have no idea where they went. They were completely frozen out of all plans and preparations.

    “It was very important that the newlyweds had a private honeymoon where they could be alone together out of the public eye.”

  • Rebecca Flood

    THROWBACK POST ON THE SUSSEX ROYAL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

    On this day last year the Sussex Royal Instagram account shared a snap of Prince Harry meeting the 2020 Invictus Games UK team.

    The post said: “Today, The Duke of Sussex, founder of the @WeAreInvictusGames, attended the UK team announcement for next year’s games in The Hague.

    “Prince Harry created the invictusgames to celebrate the power of sport rehabilitation (both physically and mentally) and to generate a wider appreciation for those who serve their country.

    “Congratulations to everyone selected to represent their country at next year’s Invictus Games – we’ll see you in The Hague in 2020!”

  • Kevin Adjei-Darko

    PRINCE PHILIP STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND HARRY AND MEGHAN'S DEPATURE

    ROYAL biographer, Ingrid Seward speaking to US Weekly said: “So, beautiful house, beautiful child, looked after — what was so awful about that?

    She added: “I don’t think Philip can understand what he calls Harry’s dereliction of duty.

    “All Harry could say [was], ‘I didn’t want to be a prince.’”

    She explained: “He just couldn’t fathom it and can’t fathom it.”

  • Kevin Adjei-Darko

    PRINCE PHILIP PERPLEXED ABOUT HARRY AND MEGHAN MOVE

    PRINCE Philip is said to be struggling to deal with Prince Harry's decision to leave the UK with his wife, Meghan Markle.

    The Duke of Edinburgh is reportedly could not understand “what was so bad about being part of the royal family”.

    The claim was made by royal biographer Ingrid Seward who claims the royal family is still in disbelief over the couple's depature.

    She said: “They had a huge influence, and Harry was really enjoying helping the military.

    “And Meghan had got the beginnings of a place for herself in the Commonwealth and then they had a beautiful child.”

  • Kevin Adjei-Darko

    WILLIAM AND HARRY WILL NEVER MEND RELATIONSHIP – AUTHOR

    PRINCES William and Harry wil never be able to mend their tense relationship unless they split from their wives, according to an author.

    Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine made the claims on the Mirror's Pod Save The Queen podcast.

    She said: “I rather doubt that they will ever get back to how they used to be. I really don't think so. I think that's probably a broken relationship.

    “I think perhaps if something happened to Catherine or Meghan, the boys would be together again.”

  • Kevin Adjei-Darko

    THOMAS MARKLE VOWS TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT MEGHAN

    THOMAS Markle has vowed to “tell the truth” about daughter Meghan Markle in court and is said to be “anxious” to defend himself.

    This comes after he agreed to be a witness for Associated Newspapers, the publisher of Mail on Sunday after the Duchess of Sussex sued the newspaper for publishing a letter she sent to him.

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION

    The judge said the private hearing was necessary to protect “the confidentiality of the information relied on” by Meghan in her application to postpone the trial.

    The confidential information was said by the judge to be the “primary” reason for the duchess wanting the trial to be adjourned and her application was not opposed by Associated Newspapers Ltd.

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    MR MARKLE 'MIGHT NOT BE IN POSITION TO GIVE EVIDENCE'

    In a statement, the court was told Mr Markle “might not be in a position to give evidence” at the adjourned trial due to the heightened health risks due to the coronavirus pandemic.

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    THOMAS MARKLE'S AILMENTS

    – Pre-diabetic

    – Clinically obese

    – A cold for three to four years

    – Heart condition

    – On blood thinners due to surgery

    – Worried he might have cancer

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    STATEMENT CONTINUED

    I don't know what the position will be in several months' time. I have not been back to Chula Vista hospital and although I see a local doctor and I am willing to see a doctor to have my heart and lungs checked, I do not want to know whether I now have cancer or any other serious conditions.

    “None of my male relatives has ever lived beyond 80 years of age.

    “I am a realist and I could die tomorrow. The sooner this case takes place the better.”

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    THOMAS MARKLE'S STATEMENT

    “This case is causing me anxiety and I want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

    “I am 76-years-old and as a result of my heart condition and surgery I am on blood thinners which have had an effect on my breathing. I am unable to walk far or up many stairs.

    “I can't manage to take more than 30 to 40 steps without getting winded and needing to slow down until I have caught my breath.

    “I have had a cold for 3 to 4 years which is connected to my heart and lung issues.

    “I am clinically obese and I have gained more weight during the past months before I have been unable to leave my house to take any exercise. I am pre-diabetic.”

    Continues…

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    THOMAS MARKLE SAID HE COULD 'DIE TOMORROW'

    Thomas Markle said he could 'die tomorrow' as he begged the court to reject Meghan's bid to delay the trial.

    In a statement to the court, the dad said none of his male relatives had ever lived beyond 80 years of age, saying: “I am a realist and I could die tomorrow. The sooner this case takes place the better.”

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    WHAT IS A SUMMARY JUDGMENT?

    The court may give summary judgment against a claimant or defendant on the whole of a claim or on a particular issue if it is agreed that:

    – The claimant has no real prospect of succeeding on the claim

    – The defendant has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim

    – There is another compelling reason why the case or issue should be disposed of at trial

  • Chiara Fiorillo

    MEGHAN MARKLE WINS BID TO DELAY COURT BATTLE WITH NEWSPAPER

    Meghan Markle won her bid to have a privacy action against the Mail On Sunday delayed after a London court ruled last month the newspaper could amend its case to include details from a recently published biography.

    “My conclusion is that the right decision in all the circumstances is to grant the application,” Mark Warby, the judge said.

    “That means the trial of 11 January 2021 will be vacated and the trial will be re-fixed for a new date in the autumn.”

Source: Read Full Article