CHRISTMAS has come early for Aldi shoppers as the supermarket has revealed the full line-up for it festive selection 2020.
Treats you’ll be able to tuck into – and slurp up – include a new icy blueberry gin liqueur from the discounter’s Infusionist range.
The festive tipple is described as sweet-tasting by Aldi, with the supermarket recommending a light tonic to mix with it.
A 50cl bottle is priced at £9.99 and has an alcohol by volume (ABV) content of 20%.
Sadly, Aldi hasn't said when this gin will be available to buy, and we can't see it listed online just yet.
We've asked Aldi for more information, including the relevant nutritional factors, and we'll update this article when we know more.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from comparison site Money.co.uk about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bills:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – you are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
In the meantime, we'd recommend checking your local Aldi as it gets nearer to Christmas – use the online store finder tool to locate your closest shop.
Aldi first gave us a sneak peak of its Christmas range in August 2020 but now it's dropped the full selection.
We've also rounded up the best picks from Aldi's buffet food, which includes mini hotdogs and chicken bites.
Here's what you'll find for the main event:
Specially Selected lobster tails 100g – £4.99 (fresh – available December 21) or £3.53 (frozen – available now)
Shoppers can buy either fresh or frozen lobster claws from Aldi, but you'll pay more for the chilled version.
The fresh tails come with a Termidor butter or wild garlic and prosecco butter, with the frozen lobster is accompanied by salted butter or a garlic and herb butter.
We couldn't find lobster claws being sold by another retailer – the closest we could find was a whole frozen lobster from Waitrose for £9.
Specially Selected sloe gin mince tarts – £2.49 (available now)
These boozy mince tarts are "generously filled" with sloe gin infused mincemeat.
For this price, you get four pies in a pack.
This is the cheapest price we could find for sloe gin mine pies, with John Lewis selling a pack of six for £4.75.
Specially Selected three fish roast 750g – £5.99 (available now)
Don't fancy turkey for dinner? Try this three fish roast, which contains cod, salmon and haddock.
The top is smothered in cheddar cheese, Chardonnay and spring onion sauce, topped with a crisp potato rosti.
We couldn't see anything like this being sold by another UK supermarket.
Specially Selected belgian chocolate and orange melt in the middle pudding 470g – £2.49
Chocolate orange is all the rage this year, so this pudding from Aldi is bang on trend.
The chocolate pudding itself is vegan and filled with a hidden orange compote.
It's then finished with a rich dark chocolate sauce and a gold shimmer.
Unfortunately, Aldi hasn't said when this dessert will be available in stores.
For a cheaper chocolate orange alternative, Asda is selling 16 profiteroles for £1.75.
Gingerbread house 650g – £4.99 (available November 12)
Get creative with this gingerbread house, which comes ready to decorate with sweets and icing.
Alternatively, bake your own with Aldi's gingerbread dough kit for £1.99.
A similar make-your-own gingerbread house is available from Sainsbury's for the slightly cheaper price of £4.
We've also checked out Sainsbury's Christmas 2020 food, which includes a pigs in blankets stuffing wreath.
Tesco shoppers will find giant pigs in blankets as part of its Christmas 2020 selection.
Meanwhile, Morrisons’ Christmas food includes mini pies, a sticky toffee dessert bowl and star-shaped doughnuts.
Source: Read Full Article