CRISTIANO RONALDO has urged fans to 'respect but not fear' coronavirus in his first comments since testing positive on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old also extolled the virtues of sunbathing as he hit back at claims he had breached protocol by flying to Italy on Wednesday.
He said during an Instagram Live as he addressed the importance of developing a strong immune system: “The sun helps a lot.
“People don't have that perception, but it does a lot of good.
“When I get the chance, I do some sunbathing. In Turin it is more difficult, but I always try to get 20 or 30 minutes of sunshine.
TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Breaking news, juicy gossip and the biggest deals
“I love being on my terrace soaking up the sun, it's very important.
“Having high vitamin C and D, with high levels, Selenium, Omega 3, eating well and properly, doing sport.
“A lot of people don’t like it but just walking is important . And sleeping well, having a good night's sleep is the best medicine.
“With everything off, no lights on. Thank God I sleep well every night, always eight or nine hours a day.
“Invest in it, it is essential.
“Eat well, lots of vegetables, lots of greens and don't abuse sweets to have a strong immune system."
He added: "In my next Instagram Live I will give my opinion and my point of view on what I have been studying in the last years.
“I wish you all health and urge you not to be afraid of the virus and face the reality, but respect it."
He also hit back at Italian sports minister Vincenzo Spadaforo who had claimed earlier in the week he believed Ronaldo may have broken coronavirus protocol by jetting to Italy from Portugal in an air ambulance 24 hours after he tested positive.
The former Manchester United star said: “I did not break any protocol.
“They’re saying that I broke Italian laws but it’s all a lie.
“I spoke with my team and we have the responsibility to do things right.
“Everything was done with authorisation. Principally for the Italian man whose name I’m not going to say, it’s a lie, I abided by all the protocols.”
Earlier in the day Cristiano’s mum Dolores Aveiro revealed the Juventus striker was “doing well.”
Speaking before Cristiano showed off his ripped body by his pool in a social media photo, she told Portuguese daily Correio da Manha: “He’s doing well, thanks God.
“Unfortunately I can’t be with him but I’m supporting him from a distance.”
Ronaldo also confirmed he was living on a separate floor to the rest of his family at his mansion in Turin.
Speaking while his kids were at school, he said: “I’m on one floor and my children are on another. For the next ten days it’s going to be like that.
“It’s difficult not to be in contact with them, but we have to respect the rules."
Source: Read Full Article