Categories
Lifestyle

Kourtney Kardashian Claps Back to 'All of You Saying Keto Is Unhealthy': 'I Personally Love It'



Kourtney concluded the post by telling her followers to “HAVE A HAPPY DAY,” also noting that the number tracking her ketone levels “goes crazy.”

The post comes just a few days after the star shared that she was beginning the keto diet again after taking some time off of it. “Keto starts today… ” she wrote in a June 29 Instagram Story that showed a photo of her lunch consisting of avocado, turkey, cheese, and a salad.

The high-fat, low-carb diet, which puts the body into a state of ketosis to burn fat instead of carbohydrates, has been popular among celebrities for some time, but others have spoken out against it.

Jillian Michaels Slams Keto, Promotes Intermittent Fasting and Weighs in on Other Fad Diets

"Yes, you can eat super high-fat foods and protein and essentially no carbs, and use ketones as your fuel, but you can’t do it for the rest of your life. It’s obviously not the way humans are supposed to eat,” Botched star and surgeon Dr. Terry Dubrow previously told PEOPLE. “You must have fruits and vegetables and fructose and carbs. You’re never going to convince any kind of doctor that you're not supposed to have fruits and vegetables, with their cancer-preventing nutrients and antioxidants."

Trainer Jillian Michaels has publicly stood against the diet, calling it “a terrible, terrible idea.”

Kourtney, however, claims that the keto diet gives her the best results in terms of weight loss.

“My body never looked better than when I did the keto diet two and half years ago, when I did it for two months,” she wrote on her lifestyle website, Poosh, last year. “In my experience, I’ve found the best method to train my body to curb sugar cravings, burn fat, and kick-start weight loss is by sticking to a keto diet.”

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
Lifestyle

Yankees’ Brian Cashman knows coronavirus could change MLB’s blueprint

Having a blueprint is paramount to any project, but like anything else MLB’s plan to complete a 60-game schedule and dive into a postseason has colossal hurdles.

“That is the intent and we are about to find out,’’ Yankees GM Brian Cashman said Tuesday on a conference call when asked about executing the plan. “It’s a very extensive document, all designed to put us in the best position to find success and have success. Like America and the rest of the world, the effort is to get back to something as close to where you had been prior as soon as you possibly can. And do so with safety and limitations and we are going to try that. I can’t predict how it is going to play out but we look forward to trying.’’

The early steps to get ready for a July 23 Opening Day game against the defending World Series champion Nationals in Washington have been testing players and staff for the coronavirus at Yankee Stadium this week. Cashman said the earliest the Yankees would hold the first full workout would be Friday and the latest on Saturday.

There could be a small group working out Friday and that possibly could include pitchers Gerrit Cole and Adam Ottavino who have been throwing bullpen sessions at Yankee Stadium for a few weeks.

“I do not expect all our players to be here because some of them have more challenges than others in terms of where they are coming from,’’ Cashman said. “Departures from certain countries are more easy than others. So people’s arrivals are staggered and their intake testing staggered and that doesn’t even involved anybody that obviously might become COVID. In terms of a full complement of a roster it is to be determined.’’

Cashman, who can’t identify players who have or will test positive for COVID-19 per MLB rules, said people in the organization have tested positive. The Post reported on June 20 four members of the organization tested positive in Tampa. If a player isn’t available, Cashman said, “We might not be able to say why. That’s my understanding as of right now. It’s an emerging situation.’’

Cashman has been busy constructing a 58-man roster, getting the Stadium ready for full-scale workouts despite logistically it would have been better to hold spring training 2.0 in Tampa where they would have had use of Steinbrenner Field and the nearby minor league complex. However, a spike in positive tests on Florida’s West Coast forced the move to The Bronx where workouts could include pitchers throwing in the Great Hall.

Cashman has also been talking to other clubs about the possibility of playing three exhibition games toward the end of spring training 2.0 (likely against the Mets) and other chores in MLB’s altered world.

However, none tops dealing with whatever COVID-19 delivers.

“The toughest challenges? I think obviously how we are going to handle the pandemic, COVID environment we are operating in,’’ Cashman said. “Been accustomed over course of time to dealing with injuries as they manifest themselves, but if we have a game tomorrow and your starter shows up and he has a temperature and all of a sudden has symptoms out of the blue right before the start and how do you adjust along the way. And then the connectivity to that and obviously the roster you have to deal with.’’

As for paying big-league employees and minor league players, the Yankees are continuing their month-to-month assessment. As of Tuesday no big-league staffers had their salaries reduced or were furloughed and the team continued to pay the minor leaguers a stipend.

According to Cashman, none of the Yankee players or coaches have informed the club they won’t participate in spring training 2.0 or the regular season.

“No,’’ Cashman said when asked if players or coaches told the Yankees they would sit out. “That doesn’t mean it is not possible. If that changes we will adjust the roster.’’

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Infamous Golden State serial killer Joseph James DeAngelo Jr. finally pleads guilty to first of 13 murders – The Sun

A serial burglar and rapist who allegedly killed more than a dozen people and became known as the infamous Golden State Killer has finally pleaded guilty to multiple murders.

Joseph James DeAngelo Jr., 74, said “guilty” several times in a low voice and attributed his actions to a person inside him called “Jerry,” the Associated Press reported on Monday.

By entering the plea agreement, DeAngelo will receive a life sentence in prison with no parole, while avoiding the death penalty.

DeAngelo worked as a police officer before partaking in a string of criminal acts through 1986. He was arrested in April 2018 and barely spoke in court.

Following his arrest, DeAngelo admitted he “did all that” in a police interrogation room, according to Sacramento County prosecutor Thien Ho.

“I didn’t have the strength to push him out. He made me. He went with me. It was like in my head, I mean, he’s a part of me. I didn’t want to do those things. I pushed Jerry out and had a happy life,” DeAngelo said.

“I did all those things. I destroyed all their lives. So now I’ve got to pay the price.”

Sitting in wheelchair at a makeshift courtroom at Sacramento State University, DeAngelo said he would plead guilty to 13 counts of murder as well as dozens of rapes that happened too long ago to prosecute.

DeAngelo’s began working as a police officer in 1973 in Exeter, a farm town in the San Joaquin Valley.

That is where he purportedly began his life of crime with burglaries and his first killing.

DeAngelo burglarized homes and raped victims in the Sacramento area in the mid-1970s, donning a mask and tying up men and threatening to kill them if they spoke up as he assaulted their women.

The East Area Rapist, as he was called, fled by foot or bike and escaped police for decades.

Police finally captured DeAngelo by using crime scene DNA samples to find his distant relative and utilizing a genealogy database.

Early afternoon Monday, DeAngelo pleaded guilty to one of murder charge.

He faces 26 charges, including 13 counts of first-degree murder and 13 counts of kidnapping, among other crimes, according to CNN.

A Sacramento judge went through each charge and DeAngelo was expected to plead guilty to all of them.

Prosectors from six California counties—Contra Costa, Orange, Sacramento, Santa Barbara, Tulare and Ventura—filed the 26 charges against DeAngelo in 2018 and were present at Monday’s hearing.

"There is really nothing that could give full justice because [DeAngelo] has committed horrendous acts and murder up and down the state of California,” said Contra Costa County District Attorney Diana Becton, according to NPR.

“But at least we can now begin the process—after decades—to bring some closure to families.”

California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order placing a moratorium on the death penalty in the state in March 2019.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
Celebrities

Pharrell Williams, Ellen DeGeneres Pledge to Make Juneteenth a National Holiday

Pharrell Williams, Ellen DeGeneres, Kenya Barris and Van Jones have joined with Global Citizen and the advisory firm Teneo for The Juneteenth Pledge, announced on Monday. The global campaign seeks to turn Juneteenth (June 19th) into a national holiday by encouraging the private sector to recognize it as a paid holiday.

Juneteenth is celebrated annually as the commemoration date for the end of slavery in the United States, and it has gained more prominence in 2020 due to ongoing racial justice protests spurred on by the police killing of George Floyd. As part of the first event for The Juneteenth Pledge, CEOs from Adidas, Airbnb, Starbucks, Under Armour and more joined a conference call last week to discuss the possibility of turning June 19th into a paid holiday at their respective companies, according to a press release from Global Citizen.

“I love America for its progression, but I’m really in love with the untapped potential of this country,” Williams said. “It was incredible to have powerful minds come together and really listen and be open to celebrating Juneteenth as a paid holiday. These companies influence which way the wind blows, they influence the economy and this was a very meaningful step in the right direction.”

DeGeneres added, “This is a time to be on the right side of history. As a white person, I cannot do enough. My wish is for everyone to join together in this fight.”

Popular on Rolling Stone

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
Lifestyle

Sweet Saint! See Pics of Kim Kardashian, Kanye West's Eldest Son

Sweet Saint! Kim Kardashian gave birth to her and Kanye West’s son in December 2015 and have been posting adorable pics of him ever since.

“He’s here!” the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star wrote on Twitter at the time, along with a photo of her and the rapper holding hands.

“Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West welcomed the arrival of their son this morning,” a statement on the reality star’s site read at the time. “Mother and son are doing well.”

His name was revealed two days later — but the KKW Beauty creator wouldn’t go on to reveal her son’s face for another two months.

“Today is my dad’s birthday,” the Selfish author wrote on Instagram in February 2016, along with a photo of Saint sleeping. “I know there’s nothing more in the world he would have wanted than to meet his grandchildren. So I wanted to share this pic of Saint with you all.” In the sweet shot, the newborn dozed in a white onesie with his arms stretched over his head.

The infant joined older sister, North, who was born in 2013. He became a big brother in 2018 when Kardashian and West welcomed their third child via surrogate, daughter Chicago.

After Us Weekly broke the news in January that she and the Grammy winner are expecting their second son via gestational carrier, Kardashian told Vogue that Saint was the most excited for baby No. 4. She went on to say, “I think North is too because Saint will have someone to play with instead of her.”

That’s because the reality star’s eldest hasn’t been a big fan of big sisterhood. “I thought it was a phase,” Kardashian said on Live With Kelly and Ryan in August 2017. “She does not like her brother. It’s so hard for me.”

Keep scrolling to see some of Saint’s sweetest moments from hitting the beach to hanging with his siblings.

In order to view the gallery, please allow Manage Cookies

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!

Source: Read Full Article